Note: This is the page for the major league infielder named Francis Abercrombie. For the minor league pitcher named Francis Abercrombie, click here.
Francis Patterson Abercrombie
Formerly thought to be Dave Abercrombie
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height Unknown, Weight Unknown
- School Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Debut October 21, 1871
- Final Game October 21, 1871
- Born January 2, 1850 in Fort Towson, MD USA
- Died November 11, 1939 in Philadelphia, PA USA
Frank Abercrombie played a single game at shortstop for the National Association's Troy Haymakers. He was 0-for-4 with a putout, three assists and two errors in six chances, fielding .667. According to SABR research, Abercrombie played for RPI from 1870 to 1872, including against Troy. For many years, he was misidentified as Dave Abercrombie. Dave was actually a newspaper owner.