Robert Ford Garrison
(Rocky or Snapper)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10½", Weight 180 lb.
- High School Parker High School (Greenville)
- Debut April 22, 1943
- Final Game April 28, 1946
- Born August 29, 1915 in Greenville, SC USA
- Died June 6, 2001 in Largo, FL USA
His minor league career ran from 1938 to 1956, with a couple of years out for the war. Although he played all over, many of his teams were in Texas. He also managed in 1955 and 1956 in Texas.
Through 2008 the only other major leaguers with the last name Garrison are Cliff Garrison and Webster Garrison. Through 2008, he is the only major league player remembered with the first name Ford (his real first name was Robert), although of course Ford Frick was a baseball executive.