Richard Edward Joyce
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 5", Weight 225 lb.
- School College of the Holy Cross
- High School Cheverus High School
- Debut September 3, 1965
- Final Game September 18, 1965
- Born November 18, 1943 in Portland, ME USA
- Died January 23, 2007 in Raleigh, NC USA
Pitcher Dick Joyce was offered $100,000 to sign with the Boston Red Sox after graduation from high school in 1961 but turned it down and attended college instead. At Holy Cross, he played in the 1962 College World Series. After college, he signed with the Kansas City Athletics. He began 1965 with the Birmingham Barons as a teammate of Reggie Jackson and Rollie Fingers and was called up to the majors late that year. Joyce developed arm troubles and never made it back to the big leagues before retiring.
He later went on to work for IBM as an executive for many years. Joyce died at age 63, shortly after undergoing a pair of heart surgeries.