Dean William Palmer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Florida High School
- Debut September 1, 1989
- Final Game May 9, 2003
- Born December 27, 1968 in Tallahassee, FL USA
Dean Palmer was a slugging third baseman who played 14 seasons in the big leagues, all in the American League. He struck out a lot, and was # 82 on the all-time list for most strikeouts as of June 2007. He reached his peak performance - in terms of rate stats - in a partial season in 1995 when he hit .336 with 9 home runs in 36 games for the Texas Rangers. An injury interrupted his season at a time when he was one of the dominant players in the league.
He began playing in the minors at age 17, and hit the majors at age 20.
He led the Texas League with 25 home runs and 152 strikeouts in 1989.
- AL All-Star (1998)
- 2-time AL Silver Slugger Award Winner (1998 & 1999)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 7 (1992, 1993 & 1996-2000)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 4 (1993, 1996, 1998 & 1999)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 4 (1996 & 1998-2000)