Daniel George Coogan
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 8", Weight 128 lb.
- School University of Pennsylvania
- High School Girard College
- Debut April 25, 1895
- Final Game August 8, 1895
- Born February 16, 1875 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died October 28, 1942 in Philadelphia, PA USA
Dan Coogan played 26 games with the Washington Nationals in 1895, batting .221 in 77 at bats. In addition to his playing, he umpired one National League game in 1895. Later, he was the head coach of his alma mater, Penn, from 1904 to 1906, and the head coach of Cornell from 1906 to 1913 (where he succeeded Pop Warner). He also coached at Georgetown for a spell and is listed as coaching Lehigh University in 1906.
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.