- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 190 lb.
- Debut September 22, 1907
- Final Game July 21, 1910
- Born January 4, 1877 in Akron, OH USA
- Died September 7, 1924 in Cincinnati, OH USA
Held out until late June in 1909.
His 1.00 ERA in 1907 was lowest on the team.
After the 1908 season he came with the Reds to Cuba, where the Reds played against Cuban teams as well as against an American black team. Spade played right field for the Reds in Cuba, according to "The Pride of Havana: A History of Cuban Baseball".
Spade had played in the minors as early as 1896. In 1905 he went 25-8 for Macon and the following season won 20 games split between two teams. In 1907 he won 18 games in the minors and in his major league debut had an ERA of 1.00 in 27 innings.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1908)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1908)