William Allenwood Murray
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 165 lb.
- School Brown University, College of the Holy Cross
- Debut June 27, 1917
- Final Game September 21, 1917
- Born September 6, 1893 in Vinalhaven, ME USA
- Died September 14, 1943 in Boston, MA USA
Bill Murray came out of college to play with the Washington Senators in 1917. He appeared in eight games, the first six of which were between the dates of June 27th and July 2nd, and the last two of which were on September 20th and September 21st. His best day with the bat was on June 30th, in the first game of a doubleheader, when he went 2-for-4 against Socks Seibold of the Philadelphia Athletics. Five of Murray's eight major league games were against the Athletics.
Bill also played 47 games with the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1917, most likely in between his two stints in the majors. He served in World War I  and then came back to play minor league ball in 1919-1921 in the Eastern League.