John William Sudhoff
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 7", Weight 165 lb.
- Debut August 20, 1897
- Final Game June 16, 1906
- Born September 17, 1874 in St. Louis, MO USA
- Died May 25, 1917 in St. Louis, MO USA
Wee Willie Sudhoff, just 5' 7", created a stir when he jumped the St. Louis Cardinals for the St. Louis Browns in 1902, becoming one of the first to play for both St. Louis franchises. He was at his best in 1903, going 21-15 with a 2.27 ERA. He made his first Baseball Card appearance in the rare 1903 E107 Breisch Williams set.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 3 (1899, 1901 & 1903)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1903)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 7 (1898, 1899 & 1901-1905)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1898)
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
Subscribe to Stathead Baseball: Get your first month FREE
Your All-Access Ticket to the Baseball Reference Database
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.