Theodore J. Scheffler
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut August 7, 1888
- Final Game October 15, 1890
- Born April 5, 1864 in New York, NY USA
- Died February 24, 1949 in Jamaica, NY USA
"Scheffler . . . was the best run-getter in the Eastern League last year." - from Sporting Life of March 11, 1893
Ted Scheffler played 27 games for the 1888 Detroit Wolverines and then became a regular with the 1890 Rochester Broncos, which went 63-63. Ted mostly played right field and had one of the highest on-base percentages on the Broncos. In 1890 he was first in the league in assists, second in the league in stolen bases, fourth in the league in walks, fourth in hit-by-pitch and eighth in runs scored.
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1890)
- 50 Stolen Bases Seasons: 1 (1890)