From BR Bullpen

Taiyo was formed from the merger of the Nagoya Kinko and Tsubasa after the 1940 season. The team was owned by Yoriyasu Arima, who had been the part-owner of the Tokyo Senators franchise. The team placed third in its first year and second in the following year. In 1943 due to financially unstablity, the team's ownership was transferred to Nishi-Nippon Railroad, which renamed the team to Nishitetsu.


New Team Nishitetsu
1941 - 1942
Succeeded by