William Martin Dillhoefer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 7", Weight 154 lb.
- High School St. Ignatius High School (Cleveland)
- Debut April 16, 1917
- Final Game October 1, 1921
- Born October 13, 1894 in Cleveland, OH USA
- Died February 23, 1922 in St. Louis, MO USA
A catcher who had five seasons in the major leagues, Pickles Dillhoefer's best year was as the back-up catcher on the St. Louis Cardinals in 1920. Tragically, he died at age 27 of typhoid fever only a few weeks after his wedding.
His professional baseball career started in 1914 in the Ohio State League.
He enlisted on May 22, 1918 at Camp Merritt, NJ in the Quartermaster Corps. He was promoted to sergeant on November 4, 1918 and received an honorable discharge on April 10, 1919.