Orval Leroy Grove
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 196 lb.
- School Elmhurst College
- Debut May 28, 1940
- Final Game April 27, 1949
- Born August 29, 1919 in Mineral, KS USA
- Died April 20, 1992 in Carmichael, CA USA
Orval Grove, who attended Elmhurst College in Illinois, came to the majors at age 20 in 1940 with the Chicago White Sox. His entire major league career was with the White Sox, between 1940 and 1949. He was named to the All-Star team in 1944. In his best year, he went 15-9 in 1943.
Grove pitched in the minors from 1938 to 1941, getting cups of coffee in the big leagues in 1940 and 1941. He was solely in the majors during 1942-1948, and while he pitched one major league game in 1949, he was mostly in the minors with the Sacramento Solons. He stayed with Sacramento during 1949-1952.
- AL All-Star (1944)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1943)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 4 (1943-1946)