Norman Michael Hershberger
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 175 lb.
- School University of Cincinnati
- High School Central Catholic High School (Canton)
- Debut September 5, 1961
- Final Game September 17, 1971
- Born October 9, 1939 in Massillon, OH USA
- Died July 1, 2012 in Massillon, OH USA
Mike Hershberger attended the University of Cincinnati on a football scholarship and played one season there as a tailback before he signed with the Chicago White Sox as an amateur free agent. He hit .310 with the Pacific Coast League's San Diego Padres in 1961 before making his major league debut with the White Sox in September. He singled off Jack Kralick of the Minnesota Twins for his first major league hit.
Hershberger was an outstanding defensive outfielder with a great throwing arm; he led the American League in outfield assists in both 1965 and 1967. His best season was 1963, when he hit .279 with 64 runs scored for the White Sox.