Michael Dennis Dunne
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 200 lb.
- School Bradley University
- High School Limestone Community High School
- Debut June 5, 1987
- Final Game October 3, 1992
- Born October 27, 1962 in South Bend, IN USA
Mike Dunne had a very good rookie year in 1987 with the Pittsburgh Pirates, going 13-6 with a 3.03 ERA but then never repeated his success. He threw a two-hitter on August 25th of his rookie year against the Cincinnati Reds. The only hits in that game were a double by Dave Parker and a single by Buddy Bell. His ERA as a rookie was the second-best in the National League, behind only Nolan Ryan. After Dunne's great 1987 season, he went 12-24 with a 4.66 ERA in four other major league seasons. His downfall was that he struck out very few batters. In 1988, for example, he pitched 170 innings and struck out only 70, while walking 88.
He was a member of the United States team at the 1984 Olympics.
He was the pitching coach at Bradley University, his alma mater, from 1999 to 2008.
- 1987 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- NL Winning Percentage Leader (1987)