Metropolitan Grounds

From BR Bullpen

The Metropolitan Grounds was a multi-purpose sports facility located on Jane Street (later Pretoria Avenue) between O’Connor Street and Metcalfe Street in Ottawa, ON. The grounds included a clay track that was used for bicycle races.

It served as the primary home of the 1898 Ottawa Wanderers and the Ottawa Rough Riders football team, among others. The grounds, which took up five acres, were subdivided into lots in 1900.

Further Reading[edit]