Lawrence Robert Colton
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 200 lb.
- School University of California
- High School Westchester High School (Los Angeles)
- Debut May 6, 1968
- Final Game May 6, 1968
- Born June 8, 1942 in Los Angeles, CA USA
Larry Colton made a skinny relief appearance with the Philadelphia Phillies in 1968, allowing an earned run in two innings. After his playing days, he wrote a book about his and his fraternity brothers' experiences in college at the University of California in Berkeley during the early 1960s, as well as in their lives afterwards, entitled Goat Brothers. He has written other books including No Ordinary Joes, Counting Coup and Idol Time. Colton has also contributed to numerous publications, including Esquire, Sports Illustrated, and the New York Times Magazine. 2013 saw the publication of his Southern League about the 1964 Birmingham Barons during that first year of the league's integration.
- Larry Colton: Southern League: A True Story of Baseball, Civil Rights, and the Deep South's Most Compelling Pennant Race, Grand Central Publishing, New York, NY, 2013. ISBN 978-1455511884