John Joel Rucker (The Crabapple Comet)
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 175 lb.
- School University of Georgia
- Debut April 16, 1940
- Final Game September 29, 1946
- Born January 15, 1917 in Crabapple, GA USA
- Died August 7, 1985 in Moultrie, GA USA
Johnny Rucker was born in the small town of Crabapple in the Georgia Hill country. On August 4th, 1939, the New York Giants purchased him for $45,000 - then the largest sum ever paid for a southern baseball player to that point.
See Life Magazine April 1, 1940