John Clinton Knox
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 170 lb.
- School Bowling Green State University
- High School Upper Arlington High School
- Debut August 1, 1972
- Final Game September 26, 1975
- Born July 26, 1948 in Newark, NJ USA
Infielder John Knox is the father of pitcher Michael Knox, who played three seasons in the New York Yankees organization. John had four years with the Detroit Tigers, most notably hitting .307 in 1974 (the team hit .247).
"I faced John once, on September 30, 1973 against the Detroit Tigers at Yankee Stadium. . . Ralph Houk replaced me with Lindy McDaniel, a good relief pitcher who just had a bad day. He walked three and gave up three singles – including a two-RBI hit by John. We lost, 8-5." - reminiscence by Fritz Peterson at his blog