Joel Powers Sherman
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 165 lb.
- School University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Debut September 24, 1915
- Final Game September 30, 1915
- Born November 4, 1890 in Yarmouth, MA USA
- Died December 21, 1987 in Cape Coral, FL USA
Joel "Joe" Sherman pitched two games for the Philadelphia Athletics in 1915, winning the second one. In his first game against the Chicago White Sox in September 24th, he had pitched six innings and given up only one run, while in the second game on September 30th he got the win against the Washington Senators while pitching nine innings and giving up three runs.
Joe had spent most of the 1915 season with the Jersey City Skeeters before appearing in the majors. He spent 1916 and 1917 with the minor league Baltimore Orioles, going 19-16 and 6-3. In 1919 and 1920 he pitched two seasons for the Hartford Senators.