Jim Johnson (johnsji03)
James Brian Johnson
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- School Western Michigan University
- High School Muskegon High School
- Debut April 13, 1970
- Final Game April 18, 1970
- Born November 3, 1945 in Muskegon, MI USA
- Died December 6, 1987 in North Muskegon, MI USA
Jim Johnson starred as a pitcher and an outfielder at Muskegon High School and went on to play baseball at Western Michigan University. While at WMU, he was drafted by the Detroit Tigers and Houston Astros, but he chose to remain in school to complete his studies. After graduation, he was drafted by the San Francisco Giants. He reached the majors with the Giants in 1970 as part of the club's Opening Day roster but only pitched in three games in the big leagues before returning to the minors.
After retiring as a player, Johnson became an educator, and he later served as Superintendent of North Muskegon Schools. He died of cancer at the age of 42. Johnson was inducted into the Muskegon Area Sports Hall of Fame in 1992.