James William Archer
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0", Weight 190 lb.
- High School Fort Chiswell High School
- Debut April 30, 1961
- Final Game September 19, 1962
- Born May 25, 1932 in Max Meadows, VA USA
- Died September 9, 2019 in Tarpon Springs, FL USA
Jim Archer, signed by the New York Yankees in 1951, finally reached the majors in 1961 with the Kansas City Athletics. His ERA was a strong 3.20, but he gave up quite a few unearned runs. He went 9-15 as a 29-year-old rookie on a team that lost 100 games, and also had 5 saves. The following season, his ERA surged to 9.43 in 18 games, ending his big league career.
As of 2001 he was a city commissioner in Tarpon Springs, FL, where he died in September 2019.
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1961)