Ernest Samuel Sites Sr.
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 175 lb.
- School Pennsylvania State University
- High School Chesapeake High School
- Born September 6, 1920 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
- Died October 22, 2014 in Boise, ID USA
Ernie Sites played in the minor leagues for nine seasons, on-and-off from 1942 to 1954. He debuted with a .314 batting average in 23 games for the Oil City Oilers his first season, but did not hit .300 again until 1947, when he batted .315 in 136 games for the Boise Pilots. He reached double-digit home runs for the first time in 1949, swatting 10 dingers for the Phoenix Senators in 1949. In 1950, he hit .301 with 18 home runs for Phoenix. He last played for the Yakima Bears in 1954.
He served in the US Navy during World War II.