Edward Allen Mickelson
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 205 lb.
- School Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College
- High School University City (MO) High School
- Debut September 18, 1950
- Final Game May 12, 1957
- Born September 9, 1926 in Ottawa, IL USA
In his book, Ed Mickelson mentions that his first career hit came against Warren Spahn. His third and last hit was the last hit in the history of the St. Louis Browns: it drove in Johnny Groth for the Browns' last-ever run. It came in the 4th inning of an eleven-inning game.
Mickelson spent a few successful years in the Pacific Coast League, with the Portland Beavers: he said the pay was almost as good as the majors, but PCL conditions were much better.
- Ed Mickelson: Out of the Park: Memoir of a Minor League Baseball All-Star, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2007.
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.