Frederick Donald Rudolph
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Sparrows Point High School
- Debut September 21, 1957
- Final Game September 12, 1964
- Born August 16, 1931 in Baltimore, MD USA
- Died September 12, 1968 in Granada Hills, CA USA
Don Rudolph's wife, Patti Waggin, was a noted "strip-tease" artist and motorcycle racer, according to The Sporting News of February 27, 1957.
He suffered an accidental death when he was crushed by a dumptruck. The Patti Waggin web site (below) has the story like this: "On September 12, 1968, Don took the company truck to work. Coming down a steep grade the brakes went out, and the truck rolled over. Just three weeks past his 37th birthday Don Rudolph was dead. He left behind a young wife barely 40 and a 7 year old daughter."
- Don Rudolph at the SABR Bio Project
- A web site devoted to Patti and Don: 
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.