Dennis S. Fitzgerald
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 10", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut April 17, 1890
- Final Game April 18, 1890
- Born March, 1865 in England
- Died October 16, 1936 in New Haven, CT USA
The existence of the Players League, as a third league in 1890, gave new opportunities to everyone, including players born in England. Only two English-born players made their debut in major league baseball in the 1880's, but three, Dennis Fitzgerald, Pete Hasney, and Al Lawson, all made their debuts in 1890. Fitzgerald and Hasney were the same age, and both played for Philadelphia in the American Association, although at different times of that year.
He had previously played in the minors from 1886.