David Lee Chalk
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Height 175 lb.
- School University of Texas at Austin
- High School Justin F. Kimball High School
- Debut September 4, 1973
- Final Game September 27, 1981
- Born August 30, 1950 in Del Rio, TX USA
Dave Chalk made two All-Star teams in the 1970s, with back-to-back trips as a representative of the California Angels in 1974 and 1975. He was a regular, predominantly on the left side of the infield (shortstop and third base), from 1974 to 1978, never hitting better than .280 with a best of 5 home runs in '74. In 1976, he became the last big leaguer to play a full season (at least 500 plate appearances) without clubbing a home run or stealing a base.
He was traded to the Texas Rangers straight up for Bert Campaneris in May 1979, finishing his career as a nondescript irregular with the Kansas City Royals in 1981. In 2019, his play with the Texas Longhorns was recognized when he was inducted into the College Baseball Hall of Fame.
- 2-time AL All-Star (1974 & 1975)