Clyde Kenneth Dean
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 203 lbs.
- High school Lincoln High School
- Born January 29, 1921 in Lincoln, NE, USA
- Died August 27, 1958 in Pawnee City, NE, USA
Clyde Dean played for Team USA in the 1938 Amateur World Series. He later played in the minors, going 6-14 with a 5.51 ERA for the 1941 Salina Millers. For the 1944 Oakland Oaks, he was 0-1 in 7 outings.
The Hull Daily Mail of August 9, 1938 reported that Dean, a fastball pitcher, pitched for the American Legion Club of Lincoln, Nebraska.
He died when his car left the road and crashed into a cornfield.
- Great Britain Baseball Scorers Association
- Baseball in Europe by Josh Chetwynd
- Ship's passenger list of the "President Roosevelt" arriving at New York on the 10th September 1938 and the "President Harding" arriving at Plymouth, England on the 11th August 1938 available at 
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.