Charles Bennett (minors02)
Charles Ronald Bennett
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 190 lb.
- School Chaffey College, Brigham Young University
- High School Chaffey High School
- Born March 4, 1938 in North Bend, OR USA
- Died December 12, 2013 in American Fork, UT USA
Outfielder Charles Bennett played in the minor leagues from 1957 to 1962.
He began his career in the Chicago White Sox system, remaining their through 1958. He joined the Kansas City Athletics organization for 1959 and started off with a bang, hitting .324/.406/.483 with 156 hits, 16 home runs, 98 RBI, 96 runs scored and 14 stolen bases for the Pocatello A's. He declined after that, however, and though he briefly reached Triple-A in 1961, he was out of baseball following the 1962 season.
Overall, he hit .259 with 48 home runs and 447 hits in 509 games.