Billy Taylor (taylobi02)
William H. Taylor
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut September 19, 1898
- Final Game October 15, 1898
- Born December, 1870 in Butler, KY USA
- Died September 12, 1905 in Cincinnati, OH USA
Billy Taylor played in the majors in 1898 and for over a decade in minor league and independent ball, but for many years was a lost player. SABR  tracked him down. SABR also explained Billy's untimely death. Billy played for Little Rock for most of 1905 and then went to Cincinnati, OH to be treated for a lung ailment (at least that was what was reported). He became delirious one night and was subdued by police. He apparently died later that night. A doctor hired by Taylor's family concluded that Taylor died from a blow on the head received from playing baseball.