William Hendrick Foster
- Bats Both, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0", Weight 190 lb.
- School Alcorn Agricultural and Mechanical College
- Debut 1923
- Final Game 1937
- Born June 12, 1904 in Calvert, TX USA
- Died September 16, 1978 in Lorman, MS USA
"Bill Foster was my star pitcher, the greatest pitcher of our time, not even barring Satchel. Rube taught him, I didn't teach him. The art of pitching he learned from Rube." - Dave Malarcher from the book Voices from the Great Black Baseball Leagues.
Foster later became dean of men and baseball coach at Alcorn State University in 1960.
- 2-time NNL All-Star (1933 & 1934)
- 4-time NNL ERA Leader (1924-1927)
- NNL Wins Leader (1927)
- 2-time NNL Winning Percentage Leader (1924 & 1927)
- NNL Saves Leader (1933)
- NNL Strikeouts Leader (1930)
- 3-time League Complete Games Leader (1927/NNL, 1928/NNL & 1932/NSL)
- 3-time NNL Shutouts Leader (1924, 1926 & 1927)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1927)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1927)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1927)
- Baseball Hall of Fame: Class of 1996