Andrew Henry Sommerville
born Henry Travers Summersgill
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- School Tulane University, Brown University, University of Virginia
- Debut August 8, 1894
- Final Game August 8, 1894
- Born February 6, 1876 in Brooklyn, NY USA
- Died June 16, 1931 in Jamaica, NY USA
Andy Sommerville was not successful in his brief stint as a major league pitcher, but per Wikipedia (02-06-20), he was a prominent doctor and football coach.
Andy was born Henry Summersgill, and came to the majors at age 18 for one third of an inning in 1894. He was at Brown University in 1896, and the University of Virginia in 1898-1900. He went to medical school at Tulane University and also coached the football team for two seasons, and the baseball team for one season.
He went on to a distinguished medical career.