Game Changer BETA
About the Game Changer
The Game Changer is an application that allows you to customize how you view baseball, by prioritizing the content that you want to watch. Similar to the NFL RedZone channel, but for Major League Baseball. If there are certain players you don't want to miss, or if you would like to see at bats and pitches from your fantasy team, the Game Changer will help make sure you don't miss the action. All you need to do is set your priorities and click "Launch Video". The Game Changer will do the rest by automatically switching to the game that meets your highest priority at that moment.
We're looking for feedback on how the Game Changer determines which game to show when no priority items are met. Please consider filling out this very short form.
Note: Game Changer is currently in beta. Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or spot any bugs, via our Feedback Form
*Settings will automatically import upon file selection.
Note: Current settings will be overwritten!
- · Video can take up to 5 seconds to load game after the tab is launched.
- · Unfortunately, Full-Screen mode in MLB.tv cannot be maintained after a new game is loaded.
- · Must have a subscription to MLB.tv. This will probably work with a Radio-only subscription, however, you may need to adjust the delay setting to sync your audio feed.
- · Settings are automatically saved, using your browser's local storage. If you'd like to transfer settings to a friend, another browser or device, you can generate a .txt file, which will contain your settings for import.
- · Pop-ups must be enabled on this page. The Game Changer opens games in a second browser tab/window. This will not work if pop-ups are blocked.
- · This will only work using a web browser, and not on a Roku/Amazon Fire TV/Chromecast type device.
- · This window needs to remain open in your browser for this to work. If you close this window, the game currently showing will no longer change based on your priority list.
- · If Batter is On Deck with < 2 Outs: This setting is for batters in your priority list. If that batter is on deck with fewer than 2 outs, the application can switch to that game to help ensure that you don't miss that at bat. However, there is a chance that the inning ends with them on deck. If the option "Wait until player is at bat" is selected, the application will wait until the current at bat showing has ended before switching, but there is a chance that this batter's at bat ends before the application can switch to their game.
- · Teams to ignore: Any teams checked will be ignored. This is if you are blacked out from viewing certain teams, or if you are watching a specific team on a different device.
- · Delay: There can be a delay in MLB.tv feeds, from when the mlb.com's gameday data updates to when MLB.tv shows the game. This is made adjustable for the user in case there is a variation in the delay for certain people or certain times. If games are switching before at bats finish, you can increase the delay time.
- · Priority List: The application regularly checks to see if any of the current games match the user's priority criteria. If there are any matches, it will switch to the game with the highest priority. If there are no games that match any of the criteria on the priority list, the application will choose the game with the highest current leverage index (LI) and will switch between games with the highest LI until there are any matches on the priority list.
If you want to see a two-way player pitch AND hit, you need to include them on the priority list in both "Batter" and "Pitcher" categories.
The Runner category is for when that runner is on 1st or 2nd base with the next base open. This is usually for stolen base threats.
When an inning ends, the application will switch games. However, there is currently no way to detect a pitching change. So if you have Bryce Harper as your highest priority, and let's say when he comes to bat, the opposing team decides to bring in a LHP. Since MLB's gameday data shows him "at bat" during the entire pitching change, the game will stay on during the commercial break.
Switch Immediately?: If this option is checked, the application will immedately switch to the game matching this preference. Otherwise, it will wait until the current at bat being shown is finished before switching. This option is left unchecked by default to prevent excessive switching of games in the middle of at bats.