The Southland Conference was formed by 5 schools in 1963, including current school Lamar. The Southland competed in the NAIA until joining the NCAA Division-II in 1968. The conference moved to Division-I in 1975.
Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston State, and Stephen F. Austin were scheduled to join the Western Athletic Conference after the 2021-2022 school year, but the timetable was moved up a year when the conference expelled the schools. Central Arkansas also left in July 2021, joining the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- Houston Christian University
- University of the Incarnate Word
- Lamar University
- McNeese State University
- University of New Orleans
- Nicholls State University
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Texas A&M University-Commerce (non-baseball school)
Conference Baseball Champions
Source: Southland Conference