John Beverley Gooch
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- School Wallace University School
- Debut September 9, 1921
- Final Game September 12, 1933
- Born November 9, 1897 in Smyrna, TN USA
- Died May 15, 1975 in Nashville, TN USA
Johnny Gooch was the player-manager for the Durham Bulls in 1936. The team finished in second place in the Piedmont League with a record of 79-63 and lost the league finals in the post-season playoffs. After his playing career ended, Gooch spent three seasons (1937 to 1939) as a Pittsburgh Pirates coach. In 1941, he managed the Pirates' farm team, the Hutchinson Pirates, in the Western Association. The team finished 6th with a record of 53-81. His last minor league managing job was with the independent Bluefield Blue-Grays in the Mountain State League in 1942. That team finished in 5th place with a 55-69 record.