(Redirected from Jim Dee)
James J. Dee
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 9½", Weight 180 lb.
- Debut July 30, 1884
- Final Game August 16, 1884
- Born December 27, 1864 in Safe Harbor, PA USA
- Died August 28, 1897 in Lake Michigan, MI USA
He was from Buffalo, NY, although little else was known about him. He married Ellen McDonald in 1885, but she was listed as a widow in the 1897 Buffalo city directory, implying that the ballplayer died at a young age. In 2014, SABR researcher Tim Copeland found a press clipping referring to Dee's death, in an industrial accident in the cargo hold of the steamer Oswego on Lake Michigan; it seemed that the ship's grain cargo shifted during the voyage, smothering Dee.
- "James Dee Found", in Bill Carle, ed.: Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, November/December 2014, p. 1.