- Bats Unknown, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 168 lb.
- Debut April 27, 1893
- Final Game September 26, 1893
- Born September 16, 1869 in Warren, OH USA
- Died April 20, 1904 in Barnesville, OH USA
"Gus McGinnis, Anson's latest pick-up, ought to do well in big company. He is very cool in the box, and his curves are very deceptive. He has a deceptive drop ball, but Anson should not work him too hard, for he is a glutton for work." - Sporting Life, March 11, 1893
Gus McGinnis pitched 18 games in the majors in 1893. He had previously gone 19-9 for the 1892 Seattle Hustlers. In all, Gus had five seasons in the minors, including a year with the 1896 New Orleans Pelicans when he was 16-7. Abner Powell was also on both the 1892 Seattle team and the 1896 New Orleans team.
He is one of eight major leaguers (through 2019) born in Warren, OH.