Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- Name: Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- GPS-able Address: 2 South Mickey Mantle Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73104
- Ballpark Owner: City of Oklahoma City
- Architects: Architectural Design Group of Oklahoma City
- Groundbreaking: 10/10/1995
- Minor League Baseball Teams: Oklahoma City Dodgers (AAA) 2015-present; Oklahoma City RedHawks (AAA) 2009-2014; Oklahoma RedHawks (AAA) 1998-2008
- Class/League History: AAA/Pacific Coast League 2022-present; AAA/Triple-A West 2021; AAA/Pacific Coast League 1998-2020
- First Professional Baseball Game: 4/16/1998; stadium debut of Class AAA RedHawks
- Others Playing or Operating Here: Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame and Jim Thorpe Museum
- Previous Ballpark Names: RedHawks Field at Bricktown 2011; AT&T Bricktown Ballpark 2006-2010; SBC Bricktown Ballpark 2003-2005; Southwestern Bell Bricktown Park 1998-2002
- LF: 325 CF: 400 RF: 325
- Seats: 9,000
- Stated Capacity: 9,000
- House Baseball/Softball Record Attendance (as currently configured): 9,000, multiple (cap)
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City, OK, is the home of the Oklahoma City Dodgers, the Los Angeles Dodgers' Triple-A Pacific Coast League farm team, and of the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame. "The Brick" revived the Triple-A National Baseball Championship, as the Bricktown Showdown, in 2006.
In 1998, OKC's 36-year-old club changed its nickname, league, and playpen: from 89ers to RedHawks, from the American Association to the Pacific Coast League, and from All Sports Stadium to Southwestern Bell Bricktown Ballpark. The HOK Sport (now Populous) stadium hosted some University of Oklahoma-Oklahoma State University Bedlam Series games until OSU confined its home games to its brand-new $60 million stadium in 2020.
The stadium's brand was originally Bricktown Ballpark, but just that never went on its walls. By the time it opened, Southwestern Bell owned naming rights. Corporate mergers brought two more names during that contract. In 2012, Newcastle Casino - which opened the same year Bricktown did - bought rights but ran into twin tracks of trouble: Tying baseball and gambling, even in name only, always raises controversy; and Newcastle is an OKC suburb, creating at least an appearance of a suburb's name on a facility owned by Oklahoma City. The compromise, Chickasaw, is the name of the tribe that owns the casino.
Bounded by Mickey Mantle Drive, Johnny Bench Drive, Joe Carter Avenue and Flaming Lipps Alley in the downtown Bricktown district, it replaced All Sports Stadium.
|Current ballparks in the Pacific Coast League|
|East Division||West Division|
|Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark | Constellation Field | Dell Diamond | Isotopes Park | Southwest University Park||Cheney Stadium | Greater Nevada Field | Las Vegas Ballpark | Smith's Ballpark | Sutter Health Park|
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.