William Edward Voss
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 160 lb.
- School Orange Coast College, California State University, Long Beach
- High School Newport Harbor High School
- Debut September 14, 1965
- Final Game September 23, 1972
- Born October 31, 1943 in Glendale, CA USA
Bill Voss was a lefthanded-hitting outfielder who played from 1965 to 1972 with several major league clubs. He was in 133 games with the California Angels in 1969, hitting .261 and playing as the regular right-fielder. He was also the regular right-fielder for the Milwaukee Brewers in 1971, hitting 10 home runs in 303 at-bats.
While Voss had a major league batting average of .227, it should be noted that he played during the second dead-ball era when batting averages were at their lows. As a fielder, he played mostly right field, with good range.
Through 2009 he is one of only two major league players with the last name Voss, the other one being Alex Voss.
- Rick Schabowski: "Bill Voss", in Chip Greene, ed.: Mustaches and Mayhem, Charlie O's Three-Time Champions: The Oakland Athletics 1972-74, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 319-321. ISBN 978-1-943816-07-1